Swaying Sanities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sunday Stroll

+2
UECreed007
Zemi
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Sunday Stroll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sunday Stroll

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

OOC: She called me a dork!!

We need to get a move on. We cannot afford to stop and help every little town, city and hovel. What use is it to safe a thousand, if it cost the world?

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  UECreed007 Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 pm

"Again, I do not even know if we CAN help them. So far, there is nothing we can do for the townsfolk except continue on as normal and close the gate. I don't plan to stay any longer than necessary. We are running out of time. We do have to get our two companions out of jail first. If we're going to be traveling the same method, we need the Life Witch."

Would I know of a better way to get to our destination quicker with the vampires in tow? Is there a way to transport them in the day?

UECreed007

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:54 pm

Finally, someone is talking some sense

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Matt: Any obvious methods that would allow you to travel in the day would be somewhat cumbersome. Something along the lines of harnessing carriages (perhaps coffins?) to the pegasi could maybe be possible, but then you could only land in open fields and it would make hiding in the forests almost not an option. The same would apply to finding landing space in the mountains because the pegasi still need to rest, being mortal and all. Trying to pull the required number of coffins along the ground (on cart wheels, basically) would be highly suspicious.

Grillo: Kazadar would know that there's an entrance to the Ungdrin Ankor (the Underway) not too far away, but he'd also know that it's highly dangerous (somewhat inhabited by skaven and occasionally greenskins) as well as heavily damaged in places. It would be an imperfect option, but it could speed you a fair bit on your way. It would also be heavily frowned upon (to say the least) to reveal it to other races, particularly elves.
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

https://swayingsanities.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Spitflame Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:07 pm

OOC-in doing the coffin thing, couldn't the gray wizard use his disk to help move them by making it bigger if he tried

Spitflame

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Kazadar pulls Thadues to one side, "I have an idea that will save us a great deal of time, but there are a number of complications. There is an access to the Ungdrin Ankor not far from here, that will save us a great deal of time. However the Underway can be dangerous, and there are no doubt... shall we say occupants in the tunnels"

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Spitflame wrote:OOC-in doing the coffin thing, couldn't the gray wizard use his disk to help move them by making it bigger if he tried

To use my most frequent response: You don't know, you haven't tried. As for what we've discussed outside of game, yes, he possible could if he tried.
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:15 pm

OOC: Sorry, time for old men to go to bed

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 pm

Grillo: No problem. Since this seems to be a much slower exchange, I'm just going to 'leave it open' until our next in-person-session. That will probably mean lots of things will run slowly, but at least allowing posts to occur whenever will hopefully keep some forward momentum.
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:20 pm

OOC: I like the idea of leaving it open. As long as we play by the rules there is no reason this can be ongoing, followed by Sunday's Main Session Just my 2-cents

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

As long as everyone finds it acceptable, we can use the live sessions as a sort of 'blitz' for the roleplay and continue on here in the mean time between sessions (I'm assuming that's sort of what you meant, Grillo). I think that's something we can get a feel for more surely at the next live session.
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghoti Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Exactly. See you all next week

Ghoti

Back to top Go down

Post  UECreed007 Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Well, I guess that answers the challenge question the vampires were asking, lol. The forum's a nice way to get some RP in without everyone here. Useful for filling in the details.

UECreed007

Back to top Go down

Post  LotusBlossom Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm quite in agreement with Matt. Now pardon me I need to go find clean air to breath for a few minutes lol.

LotusBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

My apologies. Apparently, I did something wierd when I posted this Monday and it came up 'hidden'. I'm not sure how I did that, but here it is, hopefully where ya'll can see.

After discovering that Drake's ability to float comes with a willful consciosness all its own, as well as its own body, Theudis decided to go with Kazadar's suggestion of utilizing the dwarven Underway to reach the mountains. Satisfied that there would be challenge for their blades, the vampires agreed to wait.

In town the next morning, the stolen gear was returned and Lotus (along with her used-to-be-a-caterpillar-now-a-caccoon-in-a-jar nestled in her boobs) and Lyn repaired the damage they had caused as part of their restitution. The search for a squire turned up empty.

That night all of the group except Lyn and Ruin travelled to secure the vampires in the underway. They left them in the keeping of Drake when they returned to town.

The third morning in town, Theudis acquired the lance he had paid for as well as found that one of the blacksmith's apprentices was interested in becoming his squire.

Upon meeting the group, the new squire proved to be remarkably steady in temperment and things went fairly smoothly as they began travelling.

The first stop for rest went mostly without event, except that Fluffy (Lotus' pet) had broken its caccoon and changed residence to the rock of the underway. The vampires noted a malevolent furred presence that remained just beyond the group, but could not identify it.

The game picks up after a ten hour rest and the 'camp' is ready to move on.

Let me know if I missed anything. Suprisingly little actually happened last session. Mostly just character stuff (Kazadar's magnet stones, Drake's pacman game, etc.)
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zemi Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's the overall synopsis for the last session on 8/5/12.

Moving ahead into the tunnel, the group came across a variety of dwarven body parts. The number of bits increased, as did their freshness, as the group continued on. Lotus noticed that Fluffy ate the body parts after the group passed by. The culprit, the corpse of a dragon being controlled like a puppet, was ultimately brought down via one of Lyn's arrows. It took a while, but Fluffy ingested the remains of the dragon as well. Very shortly after the dragon's demise and the squire's warning, part of the tunnel opened to reveal a skaven horde. The horde, all invested with various diseases, were reduced to a state of living rigor mortis by Lyn and hacked down primarily by Kazadar and the vampires. The group made camp about 2 miles further down the main tunnel. The skaven, too, were eaten by Fluffy.

The vampires mentioned that the furry malevolent force they had felt was still ahead.

Following a sparkly light, the group ended up seeing Fluffy's new form complete with bio-luminescent tail. It was also discovered that the next twenty feet of tunnel were illusion. Returning back to the skaven entry tunnel, the group found a cavernous room with an army of some 400 souls in rank and file. Fluffy revealed it was capable of melting solid rock and produced two tunnels- one six feet wide by four feet tall and one three feet wide by four feet tall. A darkness had rapidly followed down the larger tunnel. Lotus panicked, burning her hands and casting geyser into the smaller tunnel, and caused a small collapse. The group opted to retreat back down the tunnel from which they had originally entered. The way back to the primary tunnel, the dwarven underway, was blocked due to Lotus' panic.

Progressing through the tunnels brought them to an utterly plain set of double doors. Although dwarven craftmanship, they showed none of the usual insignia or runes. Lotus eventually threw open both doors.

Meeting a very ancient being calling herself Chrysas, they were charged with defeating her champion in order to be allowed a boon (a favor/request). The champion turned out to be a very tiny (four inches tall including the horns) demon-ish quadruped.

Lyn accepted the challenge. The champion took his 'deathtouch' ability and turned his axe into 'goo'. Lyn forfeited the duel. Chrysas silently commanded him to kneel beside her throne. He was divested of his willpower and consciousness.

Theudis accepted the challenge. The champion took his divine favor of the Lady of the Lake. Theudis ended up winning by pushing Lotus, who had conveniently placed herself between them, onto the champion. He postponed naming his boon.

Lotus next accepted the challenge.

I think that covers all of the relevant parts. Any questions?
Zemi
Zemi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2